Founded in 1973 we are based at BLYM (Bury Lake Young Mariners) in the beautiful Rickmansworth Aquadrome in South West Hertfordshire.
A RETURN TO PADDLING
NKC resumed Club activities on Sunday 21st June, in accordance with Government and British Canoeing guidelines. Club trips recommence with additional safety restrictions on 12th July.
Session sizes on Sunday mornings will be limited to 6 members per session (session leader + 5) and sessions will run with the following staggered start and finish times.
09:30 – 11:30 Polo session, 10:00 – 12:00 Recreational session
10:30 – 12:30 Polo session, 11:00 – 13:00 Recreational session
Any member wishing to paddle will have renewed their membership. For those yet to do so, please renew online.
Members will also need to sign up for the session they wish to attend a minimum of 24hrs in advance of the session. Please note that members no longer need to log into the website to sign up for a session. To sign up for a recreational session click here. To sign up for a polo session click here. If you do not sign up you will not be able to paddle.
Unfortunately we are unable run any introductory sessions or take new members at this time. If you are interested in kayaking with us once the restrictions have been relaxed/lifted please email us at email@example.com and we will contact you once we are able to resume our introductory or new member sessions.
We are a family oriented club that caters for anyone able to participate safely in the sport. Our all inclusive membership rate means costs are kept low so no one is excluded.
The club offers a wide range of kayaking and canoeing opportunities and our members range from complete beginners to elite sport paddlers who represent Great Britain.
Contact us to find out how you can get involved.
It’s important for anyone kayaking or canoeing to be safe and competent on the water so Nomad Kayak Club offers a number of British Canoeing (BC) recognised courses to achieve this. Contact us for details.
The club has variety of home water paddling ranging from local lakes, canal and rivers to our own sheltered teaching area and competition standard Canoe Polo pitch.
If broadening your horizons appeals, Nomads arranges more than a dozen trips each year in the UK and Europe. Our members have competed in international competitions, paddled Alpine and Pyrenean rivers, the Grand Canyon USA and probably on every continent worldwide.
Nomad Kayak Club encourages young people to learn canoeing and kayaking and many members who joined us when young now have children paddling with us. To facilitate this the club has a dedicated youth officer focusing on our under 18 membership.
- Venue: Nomad Kayak Club @ BLYM, The Aquadrome, Frogmoor Lane, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1NB (no post please)
- Age Range: 10 upwards (a minimum height also applies to use equipment safely)
- Cost: 2020/2021 all inclusive annual membership rates: Under 18s £63, Full-time students under 22 £73, Adults £83, Family £156
- Core Club Timings and Repeats (subject to session leader availability): Recreational sessions run Sundays at 10.00am (all year) and Wednesdays at 6.30pm (May to September), Polo training sessions run Sundays at 10.30am (all year) and Wednesdays at 6.00pm (During summertime only)
- Booking Info: Session booking in advance is required to ensure appropriate coaching
- Venue Info: Nomad Kayak Club Venue Details
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nomadkayakclub.co.uk