Following relaxations to COVID-19 restrictions, Nomad Kayak Club is now open again in accordance with Government and British Canoeing COVID-19 safety guidelines and accepting new members.
Nomad Kayak Club, founded in 1973, is based at Bury Lake Young Mariners (BLYM) site in beautiful Rickmansworth Aquadrome in southwest Hertfordshire.
We’re a family oriented club catering for anyone who can safely participate in the sport. Our all inclusive membership rate means costs are kept low so everyone can join.
The Club offers it’s members, ranging from complete beginners to elite sport paddlers representing Great Britain, a wide range of kayaking and canoeing opportunities.
MEMBERSHIP AND COURSES
Anyone, over the age of 10, who can swim is very welcome to come and try kayaking by participating in a British Canoeing Paddle Start Award course for £45.
Our courses are also open to non-members with no obligation to join the club, though members pay a discounted rate.
To join Nomad Kayak Club and take part in our Sunday morning and Wednesday evening recreational paddling sessions you need a British Canoeing Paddle Start award. If you already hold this or a higher award please contact us with the details. If not, please book a place on a Nomad Paddle Start Course, which are run throughout the year according to demand. Participation in canoe polo and away trips is via the next level British Canoeing Paddle Discover award, for which you can book a Nomad Paddle Discover Course here.
Our membership rates, which are all inclusive for paddling in club sessions at Rickmansworth can be found here.
The Club has variety of home water paddling ranging from local lakes, canal and rivers to our own sheltered teaching area and competition standard Canoe Polo pitch.
If broadening your horizons appeals, Nomads arranges more than a dozen trips each year in the UK and Europe. Our members have competed in international competitions, paddled Alpine and Pyrenean rivers, the Grand Canyon USA and probably on every continent worldwide.
Nomad Kayak Club encourages young people to learn canoeing and kayaking and many members who joined us when young now have children paddling with us. To facilitate this the club has a dedicated youth officer focusing on our under 18 membership.
- Venue: Nomad Kayak Club @ BLYM, The Aquadrome, Frogmoor Lane, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1NB (no post please)
- Age Range: 10 upwards (a minimum height also applies to use equipment safely)
- Cost: 2021/2022 all inclusive annual membership rates: Under 18s – £63, Full-time students under 22 – £73, Adults – £83, Family – £156. If you don’t already have a British Canoeing Paddle Start or higher award, our once only Nomad Paddle Start course to bring you to the skill level to join costs £45.
- Core Club Timings and Repeats (subject to session leader availability): Recreational sessions run Sundays at 10:00 (all year) and Wednesdays at 18:00 (May to September), Polo training sessions run Sundays at 10:30 (all year) and Wednesdays at 18:00 (During summertime only)
- Booking Info: Session booking in advance is required to ensure appropriate coaching
- Courses: We offer a number of courses, bookable through our website
- Venue Info: Nomad Kayak Club Venue Details
- Contact: email@example.com
- Website: www.nomadkayakclub.co.uk