A RETURN TO CLUB PADDLING
Following relaxations to Government COVID-19 restrictions, Nomad Kayak Club is now open again in accordance with Government and British Canoeing COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Founded in 1973, Nomad Kayak Club is based at the Bury Lake Young Mariners (BLYM) site in beautiful Rickmansworth Aquadrome in southwest Hertfordshire
Nomad Kayak Club is a family oriented club that caters for anyone who can participate safely in the sport. Our all inclusive membership rate means costs are kept low so no one is excluded.
The Club offers a wide range of kayaking and canoeing opportunities and our members range from complete beginners to elite sport paddlers who represent Great Britain.
Contact us to find out how you can get involved.
It is important for anyone kayaking or canoeing to be safe and competent on the water so Nomad Kayak Club offers a number of British Canoeing (BC) recognised courses to achieve this. Contact us for details.
The Club has variety of home water paddling ranging from local lakes, canal and rivers to our own sheltered teaching area and competition standard Canoe Polo pitch.
If broadening your horizons appeals, Nomads arranges more than a dozen trips each year in the UK and Europe. Our members have competed in international competitions, paddled Alpine and Pyrenean rivers, the Grand Canyon USA and probably on every continent worldwide.
Nomad Kayak Club encourages young people to learn canoeing and kayaking and many members who joined us when young now have children paddling with us. To facilitate this the club has a dedicated youth officer focusing on our under 18 membership.
- Venue: Nomad Kayak Club @ BLYM, The Aquadrome, Frogmoor Lane, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1NB (no post please)
- Age Range: 10 upwards (a minimum height also applies to use equipment safely)
- Cost: 2021/2022 all inclusive annual membership rates: Under 18s £63, Full-time students under 22 £73, Adults £83, Family £156
- Core Club Timings and Repeats (subject to session leader availability): Recreational sessions run Sundays at 10:00 (all year) and Wednesdays at 18:30 (May to September), Polo training sessions run Sundays at 10:30 (all year) and Wednesdays at 18:00 (During summertime only)
- Booking Info: Session booking in advance is required to ensure appropriate coaching
- Venue Info: Nomad Kayak Club Venue Details
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nomadkayakclub.co.uk